The Abs Diet is an incredibly popular weight loss and wellness guide, as this program focuses on the foundational steps of healthy eating and exercise. By adhering to the Abs Diet tips and suggestions, dieters should be able to enjoy increased muscle mass and decreased body fat.
What is the Abs Diet?
According to the creators of the Abs Diet, muscle in the body has the natural ability to burn more calories. Specifically, just one pound of muscle can burn an extra 50 calories each day! With this fact, individuals who are able to build up even just 10 pounds of muscle in their bodies are able to burn an extra 500 calories daily.
As there are 3,500 calories in every pound of body fat, training your body to burn an extra 500 calories each day will result in a full pound of fat loss each week. To help dieters become more powerful fat-burning machines, the Abs Diet teaches individuals core principals of health and wellness. Specifically, the Abs Diet teaches about healthy eating, nutrition, and exercise.
The Abs Diet and Food
For dieters who love to snack, the Abs Diet may be ideal! Instead of only eating 3 square meals each day, dieters are instead encouraged to consume 6 small meals each day. Within each of the 6 meals, dieters are further encouraged to consume the recommended “power foods.” According to the Abs Diet, there are 12 core “power foods” that help to boost muscle and burn fat. Included in the “power food” list are items such as:
- A – Almonds / nuts
- B – Beans
- S – Spinach / green vegetables
- D – Dairy (low fat products)
- I – Instant hot oatmeal
- E – Eggs
- T – Turkey (lean)
As evident, to remind dieters of these foods, the Abs Diet “power foods” actually spell out “ABS DIET.” Also, in adding to this more memorable list, the Abs Diet also endorses “power foods” such as:
- Lean meats
- Peanut butter
- Olive oil
- Extra protein powder
- Raspberries, blueberries, and other berries
- Wholegrain breads, cereals / carbohydrates
Additional Abs Diet Benefits
- In addition to extensive food lists / information, the Abs Diet also outlines a clear and easy to follow workout regimen
- The Abs Diet exercise program contains specific maneuvers and muscle-boosting activities with directions
- Dieters can anticipate up to 12 pounds of weight loss during the first two weeks of the Abs Diet
- The Abs Diet focuses on the proven methods of exercise and dieting, which can help lead to long-term weight loss results
- A reduction in body fat and an increase in muscle can help stimulate additional health benefits, including improved heart health, decreased risks of heart attack / disease, and increased sexual health / performance abilities
Cons of the Abs Diet
- As the Abs Diet suggests a limited food list, some dieters may struggle to give up fatty / sugar-rich snacks and meals
- The Abs Diet requires both diet and exercise efforts, which may be difficult for individuals with busier schedules