Fat burners come in a variety of supplement forms, often containing both chemical and/or herbal ingredients. Fat burners are designed to increase energy, boost metabolism, and suppress the appetite to increase overall fat and weight loss.
Popular Fat Burning Ingredients:
- Chitosan – Chitosan is derived from the external skeletons of aquatic animals, such as crabs and shellfish. Using fat-soluble vitamins, such as A,D,E, and K, the body does not absorb dietary fat, so the body is able to burn stored fat for energy.
- Pyruvate – Pyruvate is a product that naturally develops during the metabolism of sugar. Pyruvate is intended to increase fat loss, reduce cholesterol, and boost endurance.
- Hydroxycitrate (HCA) – HCA is a natural substance derived from the fruit of the Garcina Cambogia tree, grown in southern India. HCA is intended to suppress appetite while increasing glycogen storage levels.
Popular Fat Burning Drugs:
While there are a wide variety of fat burning drugs available from different marketing sources, two of the most popular fat burning drugs are Lipovox and Hydroxycut.
Lipovox is a supplement that contains “10 super foods” that are designed to boost fat loss, while also enhancing the skin’s appearance and detoxifying the body. The “super food” ingredients are designed to stimulate the body’s naturally occurring metabolic process, while enhancing the body’s ability to utilize stored fat for energy.
The “super food” all-natural ingredients include:
- Brazilian Acai
- Cayenne Pepper
- Alfalfa Sprouts
Hydroxycut is a popular fat burning drug, and is available in three different forms: Original Hydroxycut, Hydroxycut 24, and Caffeine Free. As America’s number one selling diet pill, all three Hydroxycut models claim to boost energy and decrease fat. Their clinical studies report that Hydroxycut users experienced 4.5 times greater weight loss when compared with placebo groups.
Hydroxycut contains three key ingredients: Garcinia Cambogia, green tea, and Gymnema Sylvestre. Garcinia Cambogia releases an active ingredient, HCA, which is absorbed in the body and in a completely soluble form. The Green Tea component provides users with both caffeine and EGCG, which is an antioxidant. Research shows that green tea stimulates a thermogenesis process, where the body creates heat to burn calories.
Hydroxycut’s formulas contain both herbs and stimulants (except in the Caffeine Free Supplement), which aid in the metabolic and fat burning process.
Users of Hydoxycut reportedly experience:
- Fat loss / Fat burned
- Weight loss
- An increase in metabolism
- Decreased Appetite
- An increase in energy
Although Hydroxycut is reportedly successful, it has not yet been approved by the FDA. According to research, the following side effects may occur:
- Increased blood pressure
- Increased heart rate
- Head-ache, lightheadedness, dizziness
- Restlessness or feelings of hyperactivity
- Nose bleeds
- Blurred Vision
- Acne break outs