5 Minute Office Workout0.0
To help dieters improve weight loss success, trainer Bob Harper teamed up with MSN in order to create the “5 Minute Office Workout.” Popularly known as the trainer on NBC’s “The Biggest Loser,” his 5-minute plan provides users with an online web series to help provide fitness plans for individuals at their workplace. As Harper believes too many individuals are trapped behind desks without easy access to fitness opportunities, his program is designed to be easily incorporated into one’s lifestyle, as he also asserts that the short and simple workouts will boost heart rate and energy levels.
How does it Work?
According to Harper, one of the main causes of weight loss today in America is the lack of physical activity, as most individuals are forced to sit behind a desk for 5 to 9 hours a day. Harper’s online web series provides users with interactive plans that are designed to be used Monday through Friday. The web source also includes tips, such as:
- How to pack a healthy lunch
- Question and answer forums
- Demonstration videos that illustrate heart-pumping exercises
- Exercises to boost metabolism and energy
- A nutrition fact calculator
Suggested Foods and Recipes
Harper aims to help dieters by providing users with a “Lunch Box” feature, which is an interactive tool designed to help individuals determine the nutritional value of their lunch choices. Using a simulated lunch box, individuals can drag and drop items in order to find out the calories, fat grams, and carbohydrate content of one’s lunch. Also, Harper provides users with his own sample lunch box, so individuals can compare and contrast their own food choices to Harper’s recommendations.
The Exercise Plans
With 22 5-minute workout plans, Harper teaches users how to work their cardiovascular systems without leaving the office. With step-by-step instructions for each exercise, users can also share their own workout tips and plans on the website.
Harper’s easy to follow exercise philosophy revolves around his belief that individuals can improve health by performing an exercise whenever one has a few extra minutes. Exercises focus on various target areas, such as:
Specific yoga-inspired movements for new mothers
- Benefits of the 5 Minute Office Workout
- Harper’s background is well known and respected
- His plan promotes an active and healthy lifestyle
- The plans are available and free online
- The plans are designed to help break up the monotony of a typical workday
Potential Cons to the 5 Minute Office Workout
- Individuals must be self-disciplined in order to see results
- If individuals have a heavy workload, the exercise breaks may be more difficult to incorporate into one’s schedule
The healthy-lunch tips do not include information on portion sizes, ingredients, and specific brand information / suggestions.